If you have any plans to be cryopreserved, Mark E. House is one of the top attorneys in the country on the complex issues relating estate planning and cryopreservation. He also works directly with cryonics organizations to help clients through the application process.
Mark E. House is considered one of the top attorneys in the country for working with cryonicists and estate planning. The idea behind putting money away while you are cryopreserved is simply – who wants to be revived without money? Mark worked with Alcor Life Extension Foundation to have documents approved by Alcor for its members and patients. To that end, he offers a variety of services:
- Custom Future Income Trusts. For clients who are intending to put more than $500,000 into a trust for revival, Mark created the Future Income Trust. The Future Income Trust is modeled after the Alcor asset preservation trust and contains all of the language Alcor requires for approval.
- The Future Income Trust is very flexible and can be customized in any way the client would like as long as it falls within Alcor’s requirements and the requirements of the corporate trustee.
- For example, the Future Income Trust can have a broad investment strategy suited for the extended time horizon a cryopreservation trust requires.
- There are trust protectors put in place to ensure that your wishes are carried out until revival.
- Funds can be distributed to ensure your cryopreservation continues even if something adverse happens.
- The Future Income Trust can be created for multiple family members.
- This trust can be used for non-Alcor members.
- Mark will work with your local estate planning counsel if you are not an Arizona resident, which makes finding an attorney much easier.
- The Multi-Investor Future Income Trust (“MIFIT”). A number of years ago, Mark was asked to design a structure that would allow members who wanted to save less than $500,000 an economical way to proceed. The answer is the MIFIT. Click Here to get more information about the MIFIT program. Click Here for frequently asked questions regarding the MIFIT.
- Ancillary Documents. In addition to the trusts to save for your revival, Mark also provides assistance with the other documents Alcor requires, including the funding trust.
If you have additional questions or are interested in cryopreservation planning, contact Mark E. House.
Recent Articles by Mark E. House on Cryopreservation Planning: